David Winters, M.B.A.
- Chief Executive Officer, (703) 777-0800
- David Winters has worked with children and adolescents in a variety of clinical and administrative capacities over the past 20 years. As a leader, he is strongly committed to the individualization of every aspect of the care we provide and strives to make North Spring a place that encourages each child to use their own strengths to meet their goals. Mr. Winters has an M.B.A. and a master’s in psychology.
- Chief Financial Officer, (703)777-0800 ext. 1020
- Angela Kobel has 30 years of experience in Accounting and Finance. She has spent the last 13 of those years working in Healthcare at a Critical Access Hospital. Angela earned a Master’s of Science in Accounting from the University of Phoenix, and she is currently pursuing an M.B.A in Healthcare Administration. In addition to her professional work, she has worked with children for 20 years teaching martial arts and self-defense.
Mary Anne Pope, M.D.
- Medical Director, (703) 777-0800
- Dr. Pope has over 30 years of experience providing psychiatric services to children and adolescents. She has provided mental health care in a wide variety of settings, including child and adolescent partial hospitalization programs, adolescent residential substance abuse units, private and community based outpatient facilities, private and public schools, crisis services, family based services, and inpatient child psychiatric facilities. Most recently, Dr. Pope worked in Pennsylvania serving as Medical Director and Program Director for a Child and Adolescent Partial Hospital Program with an integrated private academic school. Her program was community based and served up to one hundred children a day.
Dr. Pope received her medical education and training from West Virginia University. She received her Medical Degree in 1981 and then completed a three year General Psychiatry Residency followed by a two year Child and Adolescent Fellowship. Dr. Pope believes that every child entering mental health treatment should receive individualized strength based treatment delivered with care, compassion, and respect to allow the child to reach their maximum level of function in all aspects of their lives.
- Director of Business Development, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1360
- Garrett Hamilton has an extensive background in the Mental Health and Juvenile Services industries. Garrett has worked in Business Development, on both the Residential Treatment and Acute Psychiatric Services side, for a variety of facilities. Garrett is committed to fostering strong community partnerships and effective communication that aid in the delivery of quality services for consumers and referral sources alike. Garrett graduated from Hampden-Sydney College with a BA in Psychology.
Chase Butala, MS, CRC, LPC
- Director of Admissions, (703) 777-0800 ext 1460
- Chase Butala received his Bachelors of Arts Degree in Sociology from Shippensburg University and his Masters of Science Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from West Virginia University. Much of his work has been in milieu interventions and development in inpatient settings. He has worked in the community providing an array of mental health services to children and their families. His professional interests include helping children with attachment, emotional and developmental issues and their families develop healthier relationships and systems.
Steve Seeger, SPHR, M.B.A.
- Director of Human Resources, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1160
- Steve Seeger has been practicing human resources since 1997, when he moved from hospitality management to corporate-level human resources. In 2009, he transitioned to a residential treatment facility for children in Virginia and brings valuable health care experience to North Spring. Steve earned a Bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of Richmond, SPHR certification and M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix.
Sara Brunetti, M.B.A., HCM
- Business Office Director, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1220
- Sara Brunetti joined North Spring Behavioral Healthcare in January 2006 and brings an array of experience in healthcare. Her experience consists of Level 1 Trauma centers, Medical/Surgical hospitals and psychiatric residential treatment centers. She graduated from the University of Phoenix with a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration/Healthcare in 2004 and earned her M.B.A. in Healthcare Management in 2007. She has expertise in the revenue cycle from admissions to reimbursement. She offers strong leadership abilities, problem resolution management and stellar customer service. Sara’s educational background has assisted her with the psychiatric residential treatment program, and she is able to work with residents and help them obtain a successful discharge from the program.
- Director of Education (703) 777-0800 ext. 1740
- Mrs. Andrea Brown is the Director of Education at North Spring Behavioral Healthcare. Andrea has a Master of Arts in Educational Leadership from Grand Canyon University along with a Master of Arts in Special Education (Cross Categorical) from University of Phoenix. She has worked in numerous educational capacities to include: five years in Title 1 schools in Portsmouth, VA as special education teacher, special education chairperson as well as Positive Behavior Intervention Coach; three years in Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) as both special education teacher and Continuous School Improvement Chairperson.For 15 years Andrea served in the United States Military and was discharged under Honorable conditions. She is a life-long learner as she currently pursues her doctoral degree in Education Leadership with a desire and compassionate spirit to prepare those under her supervision with skills and knowledge to reach their full educational potential. Andrea enjoys helping others in any capacity that she can, staying abreast with current educational issues, and spending time with her family. Mrs. Brown’s educational philosophy is that, “every child can learn, provided the appropriate environment in which to learn in.”
Ashley Tomei, MSW
- Utilization Review Director, (703) 554-6302
- Ashley earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, with a minor in Sociology, from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and a Master’s Degree in Social Work, with a Certificate in Mental Health, from the University of Pittsburgh. She has worked for several years with children and adolescents with a variety of mental health diagnosis and behavioral issues in a Partial Hospitalization and Diversion Acute Stabilization setting. Her experience in multiple roles, such as a Social Worker, Milieu Therapist and Utilization Compliance Manager, has allowed for a diverse background to best serve those she works with.
Laurence J. Davis, CFM
- Dietary Manager, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1290
- Before joining the North Spring team, Laurence spent over twenty years in the food service industry with a primary focus in residential healthcare. Laurence gained his food service management experience working for one of the largest hospitality companies in the United States. He spent years crafting the art of providing outstanding cuisine to various types of customers. His passion is to provide an excellent dining experience for each one of his customers. Laurence has been a certified food manager since 1998.
Jayne James, MSN, RN, PMHCNS-BC, PMHNP
- Director of Nursing, (703)777-0800
- Jayne James has thirty plus years of experience providing leadership to nursing in behavioral health settings and has worked with children and adolescents in various settings, inpatient as well as outpatient. Ms. James is committed to ensuring children and adolescents receive optimal care that is individualized, strength based, recovery and trauma informed care focused, and using best practices that are evidenced based. Ms. James is a graduate of George Mason University, receiving her Masters’ in Nursing Administration and Clinical Nurse Specialist in psychiatric and mental health nursing and board certified by ANCC. Also, she is a post masters’ graduate from Shenandoah University’s psychiatric and mental Health nurse practitioner program.
Leigh McInnis, LPC
- Clinical Program Director, (703)777-0800 x 1520
- Leigh McInnis found her passion in child and adolescent behavioral health following the receipt of her Bachelor’s degree from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC (2006) when she worked as a Behavior Specialist at a juvenile detention center. Leigh worked in Crisis Stabilization following the receipt of her Master’s degree from Marymount University in Arlington, VA (2009). Since then, she has been trained in and provided clinical services using several evidence-based modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Family Centered Treatment, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and now Mode Deactivation Therapy and Kazdin’s Parent Management Training. Leigh worked as an intensive in-home treatment provider and Family Centered Treatment trainer until 2013; she then transitioned to Harbor Point Behavioral Health Center working as the Lead Therapist for the WINGS (non-suicidal self-injury) unit. Leigh is excited for the opportunities and challenges associated with the Clinical Program Director position at North Spring Behavioral Healthcare. She is eager to integrate her clinical passion with her interest in training, supervision and collaborative care.
- Plant Operations Director, (703)777-0800 ext. 1200
- Leon “L.T.” Johnson is the Director of Plant Operations at North Spring Behavioral Healthcare. Leon Johnson oversees Facility Maintenance, Kitchen/Dietary Staff, Housekeeping, Service Contracts, Compliance & Information Technology Department. Before joining the North Spring team L.T. spent 21 years in the United States Air Force and has worked in Department of Defense Medical Treatment facilities all over the world. He has also coached youth athletics for over 20 years and is committed to developing our “future leaders of tomorrow.” L.T. has a strong background in Bioenvironmental Engineering Sciences, Facilities Management, Joint Commission Compliance, and Security. L.T. has a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from Saint Leo University and a graduate degree in Occupational Safety & Health from Columbia Southern University. He is also a Certified Professional Manager and HAZMAT Operation responder. L.T. “believes in teamwork on/off the field and every environment should be where a children can learn, develop, and execute life skills.”