To be admitted to North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, the patient should meet our admission criteria and provide the information outlined in the admissions process. To help facilitate this process, the program provides a specialized pre-placement visit.
Inpatient Acute Admission Criteria
- Male or Female patient is 7-17 years of age
- Child or Adolescent is currently experiencing an emergent psychiatric issue (suicidality, homicidality, or they have become a danger to themselves or others)
- Child or Adolescent patient is able to perform activities of daily living
- Child or Adolescent patient does not have a medical illness/non-psychiatric illness that cannot be treated safely or appropriately in a psychiatric setting
- Resident Handbook
Residential Treatment Center Admission Criteria
- Male applicant is 9-17 years of age
- Female applicant is 10-17 years of age
- Applicant has a DSM-IV/Axis I diagnosis
- Applicant has impaired ability to maintain/sustain adequate functioning in major life areas (i.e. school, social, family and/or less restrictive setting)
- Applicant is medically stable
- Applicant has sexualized behaviors requiring specialized treatment (Horizons and Adventurers Programs only)
- Applicant has an IQ of 70 or above
- Each applicant will be evaluated on an individual basis
Residential Treatment Center Admissions Process
- Our Admission Department handles all admissions requests. Once a call regarding admission has been placed, the Admission Department will contact the referral sources to obtain clinical information about the individual needing treatment. At this time, we will determine if the individual meets the criteria for residential services.
- Often, we will work with you to coordinate a preplacement visit at our facility to determine if the referral is appropriate for one of our treatment programs. Our Director of Clinical Services will review the individual’s information and will grant approval to proceed with placement at the facility.
Residential Treatment Center Admissions Paperwork
You may download and print the following required items for admissions. All of the items are in PDF format.
Partial Hospitalization Admission Criteria
- Male or Female Patient is 11 to 17 years of age
- Applicant has had recent suicidal, homicidal, assaultive, self-mutilating, or destructive behavior which has been recently treated successfully.
- Applicant has the ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Applicant is medically stable.
- Applicant has an estimated or tested Full Scale IQ of 70 or greater.
Intensive Outpatient Program Admission Criteria
- Male of Female Patient is 11 to 17 years of age
- Applicant has a current substance abuse disorder counseling needs
- Applicant has the ability to perform activities of daily living
- Applicant is medically stable
- Applicant has an estimated or tested Full Scale IQ of 70 or greater
- Residential Services and Admissions: (703) 777-0800
- Residential Services and Admissions Toll Free: (800) 777-8855
- Residential Services and Admissions Fax: (703) 777-1038
- Inpatient Acute/Partial Hospitalization/IOP Services and Admissions: (703) 554-6300
- Inpatient Acute/Partial Hospitalization/IOP Services and Admissions Toll Free: (844) 887-0100
- Inpatient Acute/Partial Hospitalization/IOP Fax: (703)737-6715