Julie Lewerenz, MD
- Outpatient Services Medical Director
- Dr. Lewerenz is a Diplomate of the American Board of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. Additionally, she is certified in Clinical Psychopharmacology by The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. Dr. Lewerenz attended Vassar College and graduated cum laude in Psychology. She earned her M.D. at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey in 1995. In becoming double Board Certified, Dr. Lewerenz’s training included four years of medical school, three years of a general/adult psychiatry residency and two additional years of a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship. Dr. Lewerenz is a member of the American Medical Association (AMA), American Psychiatric Association (APA), the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), and The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. She closed her private psychiatric practice in the Princeton, NJ area after ten years to provide child and adolescent services to military dependents at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Dr. Lewerenz joined North Spring with a dedication to improve the lives of children and their families by providing comprehensive care and encouraging resiliency.
Bernadette Harlow, NP
- Nurse Practitioner
- Bernadette Harlow is board-certified as both Family and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Ms. Harlow graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, in 1989. She then served in the United States Air Force Nurse Corp for thirteen years, rising to the rank of Major. She obtained her Master of Science in Nursing from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, in Bethesda, Maryland, in 1998. Post military service she obtained post masters certificates in Global and Community Health, and in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, at George Mason University, in Fairfax Virginia. She is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Ms. Harlow’s background in health care is diverse. She has been employed in a full range of family medicine, with experience across all age groups in a variety of settings. She is committed to the physical, mental and social well being of the children and adolescents at North Spring Behavioral Health.
Stefanie Moreno, LCSW
- Outpatient Services Director
- Stefanie brings over 15 years of experience working in the mental health field. She maintains a diverse background of professional experience from providing case management and counseling services for adolescent youth in group homes and independent living program to managing violence prevention and mentoring programs for children in the child welfare system. In addition, she most recently served as the Chief Program Officer of a nonprofit mental health organization and was their clinical lead providing supervision and crisis intervention for organizational clients; clinical supervision for staff; program development and implementation and served as the lead on special projects; and coordinated the community education and advocacy efforts. Her area of expertise is with children, adolescents and families. She earned her Bachelors of Social Work degree from James Madison University and a Master’s of Social Work degree from Catholic University of America. She maintains the LCSW license in Virginia and the LCSW-C license in Maryland.
Owen Allie, M.S., M.A.
- Owen Julien Allie completed his Bachelor’s in Science in Castleton Vermont, majoring in Marketing. He has completed a Masters in Science, Psychology from Phoenix University and a Masters in Arts, Clinical Mental Counseling from Argosy University. He is currently completing his residency to be a Licensed Professional Counselor. Owen’s professional experience is across several settings, working in intensive in-home settings with children and families, residential treatment for substance use, intensive outpatient for substance use and partial hospitalization treatment for substance use and mental health disorders. Owen has worked with multiple age groups and diagnostic criteria, his preferred treatment niche is applying motivational and strengths based approaches to clients in early recovery.
Kara Mueller, RN
- Admissions Coordinator
- Kara received her nursing degree from Frederick Community College and a BS from North Carolina State University. Prior to coming to North Spring, Kara worked from Loudoun County Public Schools, VA and Frederick County Public Schools, MD, with school aged children with a variety of mental health and behavioral issues. She is passionate about education, community outreach, substance abuse treatment and teaching people to use artistic expression as a therapeutic tool.