David Winters, M.B.A.
- Chief Executive Officer, (703) 777-0800
- David Winters has worked with children and adolescents in a variety of clinical and administrative capacities over the past 20 years. As a leader, he is strongly committed to the individualization of every aspect of the care we provide and strives to make North Spring a place that encourages each child to use their own strengths to meet their goals. Mr. Winters has an M.B.A. and a master’s in psychology.
Julie E. Lewerenz, M.D.
- Medical Director, (703) 777-0800
- Dr. Lewerenz is a Diplomate of the American Board of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. Additionally, she is certified in Clinical Psychopharmacology by The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. Dr. Lewerenz attended Vassar College and graduated cum laude in Psychology. She earned her M.D. at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey in 1995. In becoming double Board Certified, Dr. Lewerenz’s training included four years of medical school, three years of a general/adult psychiatry residency and two additional years of a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship. Dr. Lewerenz is a member of the American Medical Association (AMA), American Psychiatric Association (APA), the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), and The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. She closed her private psychiatric practice in the Princeton, NJ area after ten years to provide child and adolescent services to military dependents at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Dr. Lewerenz joined North Spring with a dedication to improve the lives of children and their families by providing comprehensive care and encouraging resiliency.
Hamza Saigol, M.B.A.
- Chief Financial Officer, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1020
- Hamza Saigol has worked in a variety of industries, hospitality, construction, etc. in varying positions in Finance/Accounting since 2002. Hamza Saigol started his mental health career in 2007 with a DC based provider. Mr. Saigol has a B.Sc. and MBA in Accounting.
- Director of Business Development, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1370
- Garrett Hamilton has an extensive background in the Mental Health and Juvenile Services industries. Garrett has worked in Business Development, on both the Residential Treatment and Acute Psychiatric Services side, for a variety of facilities. Garrett is committed to fostering strong community partnerships and effective communication that aid in the delivery of quality services for consumers and referral sources alike. Garrett graduated from Hampden-Sydney College with a BA in Psychology.
Chase Butala, MS, CRC, LPC
- Director of Admissions, (703) 777-0800 ext 1460
- Chase Butala received his Bachelors of Arts Degree in Sociology from Shippensburg University and his Masters of Science Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling from West Virginia University. Much of his work has been in milieu interventions and development in inpatient settings. He has worked in the community providing an array of mental health services to children and their families. His professional interests include helping children with attachment, emotional and developmental issues and their families develop healthier relationships and systems.
Steve Seeger, SPHR, M.B.A.
- Director of Human Resources, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1160
- Steve Seeger has been practicing human resources since 1997, when he moved from hospitality management to corporate-level human resources. In 2009, he transitioned to a residential treatment facility for children in Virginia and brings valuable health care experience to North Spring. Steve earned a Bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of Richmond, SPHR certification and M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix.
Rob Fouche, RN
- Director of Nursing, (703) 554-6304
- Rob has been a nurse since 1999 mainly specializing in the field of psychiatric nursing. He began in geriatrics where he worked with Alzheimer’s patients as both an LPN and then as RN supervisor, advanced to adult care as a Charge Nurse in the acute care setting and finally ending up as a staff nurse at North Spring in 2007. He has since obtained his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Phoenix while acting as the Infection Control nurse. He took over the Nurse Manager position in March of 2010. Rob is currently pursuing his MSN in Nursing Administration. Rob also enjoys working with the children and the unique opportunities they provide in teaching them life skills while learning just as much from them along the way.
- Director of Risk Management and Performance Improvement, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1030
- Salahuddin Gadson has spent the last 4 years working with at risk youth in an acute setting at Dover Behavioral Health Systems, in Dover, DE. Salahuddin Received his Bachelors in Business Administration in 2011 from Delaware State University and Certificate for Health Care Risk Management in the spring of 2014 from the University Of Delaware. Salahuddin also brings his experience as Performance Improvement Data Analyst working at Bayhealth Medical Facility. Salahuddin has a passion for helping children reach their maximum potential through progressive individual and team work.
- Clinical Services Director, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1050
- Heather received both her Bachelor and Specialist in Education degree from Arkansas State University. Her Bachelor of Science degree is in psychology with an emphasis in interdisciplinary family studies. Her Specialist in Education degree is in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. Heather is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the states of Virginia and Arkansas and she holds a specialty license in technology-based counseling. She has worked in crisis assessment in the community setting along with acute and residential treatment since 2009 with children, adults and adolescents. Heather’s career has focused on providing crisis stabilization along with residential services that help clients gain skills necessary for transition back to the community at a pace that is therapeutic for both the client and the family. .
Sara Brunetti, M.B.A., HCM
- Business Office Director, (703) 777-0800 ext. 1220
- Sara Brunetti joined North Spring Behavioral Healthcare in January 2006 and brings an array of experience in healthcare. Her experience consists of Level 1 Trauma centers, Medical/Surgical hospitals and psychiatric residential treatment centers. She graduated from the University of Phoenix with a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration/Healthcare in 2004 and earned her M.B.A. in Healthcare Management in 2007. She has expertise in the revenue cycle from admissions to reimbursement. She offers strong leadership abilities, problem resolution management and stellar customer service. Sara’s educational background has assisted her with the psychiatric residential treatment program, and she is able to work with residents and help them obtain a successful discharge from the program.
- Director of Education (703) 777-0800 ext. 1740
- Mrs. Andrea Brown is the Director of Education at North Spring Behavioral Healthcare. Andrea has a Master of Arts in Educational Leadership from Grand Canyon University along with a Master of Arts in Special Education (Cross Categorical) from University of Phoenix. She has worked in numerous educational capacities to include: five years in Title 1 schools in Portsmouth, VA as special education teacher, special education chairperson as well as Positive Behavior Intervention Coach; three years in Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) as both special education teacher and Continuous School Improvement Chairperson.For 15 years Andrea served in the United States Military and was discharged under Honorable conditions. She is a life-long learner as she currently pursues her doctoral degree in Education Leadership with a desire and compassionate spirit to prepare those under her supervision with skills and knowledge to reach their full educational potential. Andrea enjoys helping others in any capacity that she can, staying abreast with current educational issues, and spending time with her family. Mrs. Brown’s educational philosophy is that, “every child can learn, provided the appropriate environment in which to learn in.”
Ashley Tomei, MSW
- Utilization Review Director, (703) 554-6302
- Ashley earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, with a minor in Sociology, from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and a Master’s Degree in Social Work, with a Certificate in Mental Health, from the University of Pittsburgh. She has worked for several years with children and adolescents with a variety of mental health diagnosis and behavioral issues in a Partial Hospitalization and Diversion Acute Stabilization setting. Her experience in multiple roles, such as a Social Worker, Milieu Therapist and Utilization Compliance Manager, has allowed for a diverse background to best serve those she works with.
- Director of Plant Operations
- Lee Olsen brings over 40 years of experience in the healthcare industry to his position as the Director of Plant Operations. Lee brings a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of Plant Operations having directed maintenance departments, food services, and housekeeping and laundry services.
Laurence J. Davis, CFM
- Dietary Manager
- Before joining the North Spring team, Laurence spent over twenty years in the food service industry with a primary focus in residential healthcare. Laurence gained his food service management experience working for one of the largest hospitality companies in the United States. He spent years crafting the art of providing outstanding cuisine to various types of customers. His passion is to provide an excellent dining experience for each one of his customers. Laurence has been a certified food manager since 1998.