David Winters, M.B.A.
- Chief Executive Officer, (703) 777-0800
- David Winters has worked with children and adolescents in a variety of clinical and administrative capacities over the past 20 years. As a leader, he is strongly committed to the individualization of every aspect of the care we provide and strives to make North Spring a place that encourages each child to use their own strengths to meet their goals. Mr. Winters has an M.B.A. and a master’s in psychology.
Julie E. Lewerenz, M.D.
- Medical Director, (703) 777-0800
- Dr. Lewerenz is a Diplomate of the American Board of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. Additionally, she is certified in Clinical Psychopharmacology by The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. Dr. Lewerenz attended Vassar College and graduated cum laude in Psychology. She earned her M.D. at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey in 1995. In becoming double Board Certified, Dr. Lewerenz’s training included four years of medical school, three years of a general/adult psychiatry residency and two additional years of a child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship. Dr. Lewerenz is a member of the American Medical Association (AMA), American Psychiatric Association (APA), the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), and The American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology. She closed her private psychiatric practice in the Princeton, NJ area after ten years to provide child and adolescent services to military dependents at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Dr. Lewerenz joined North Spring with a dedication to improve the lives of children and their families by providing comprehensive care and encouraging resiliency.
- Director of Business Development, (703) 777-0800 ext. 137
- Garrett Hamilton has an extensive background in the Mental Health and Juvenile Services industries. Garrett has worked in Business Development, on both the Residential Treatment and Acute Psychiatric Services side, for a variety of facilities. Garrett is committed to fostering strong community partnerships and effective communication that aid in the delivery of quality services for consumers and referral sources alike. Garrett graduated from Hampden-Sydney College with a BA in Psychology.
- Director of Admissions and Risk Management, (703) 777-0800 ext. 117
- Kelly Neverson received her Bachelor’s in Criminology and Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland and her Masters in Forensic Psychology from Argosy University. Currently Kelly is pursuing a Masters in Community Counseling from Argosy University. Kelly has been employed at North Spring since 2008, and she brings her experience as a mental health specialist and Medicaid specialist to her current position. Kelly enjoys working with the children and providing them the tools and opportunities to succeed at North Spring and beyond.
Steve Seeger, SPHR, M.B.A.
- Director of Human Resources, (703) 777-0800 ext. 116
- Steve Seeger has been practicing human resources since 1997, when he moved from hospitality management to corporate-level human resources. In 2009, he transitioned to a residential treatment facility for children in Virginia and brings valuable health care experience to North Spring. Steve earned a Bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of Richmond, SPHR certification and M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix.
Rob Fouche, RN
- Director of Nursing, (703) 777-0800 ext. 282
- Rob has been a nurse since 1999 mainly specializing in the field of psychiatric nursing. He began in geriatrics where he worked with Alzheimer’s patients as both an LPN and then as RN supervisor, advanced to adult care as a Charge Nurse in the acute care setting and finally ending up as a staff nurse at North Spring in 2007. He has since obtained his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Phoenix while acting as the Infection Control nurse. He took over the Nurse Manager position in March of 2010. Rob also enjoys working with the children and the unique opportunities they provide in teaching them life skills while learning just as much from them along the way.
Amanda Goc, LPC, M.A.
- Program Director, (703) 777-0800 ext. 152
- Amanda is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Virginia. She received her Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Psychology and her Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Liberty University. She has more than eight years of experience in a community mental health setting, working with children and adolescents in the school system. In addition, she has experience in an outpatient setting working primarily with young adults, children, adolescents and families. Amanda has experience with clients struggling with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, grief, anxiety, past trauma and abuse, family issues and depression.
Sara Brunetti, M.B.A., HCM
- Business Office Director, (703) 777-0800 ext. 122
- Sara Brunetti joined North Spring Behavioral Healthcare in January 2006 and brings an array of experience in healthcare. Her experience consists of Level 1 Trauma centers, Medical/Surgical hospitals and psychiatric residential treatment centers. She graduated from the University of Phoenix with a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration/Healthcare in 2004 and earned her M.B.A. in Healthcare Management in 2007. She has expertise in the revenue cycle from admissions to reimbursement. She offers strong leadership abilities, problem resolution management and stellar customer service. Sara’s educational background has assisted her with the psychiatric residential treatment program, and she is able to work with residents and help them obtain a successful discharge from the program.
- Assistant Director of Admissions, (703) 777-0800 ext. 146
- Micaela is the Assistant Director of Admissions for North Spring. She has experience with adolescents with special needs and mental health diagnoses. She began working with North Spring in November 2006 and initially worked in direct-care with the residents prior to becoming the Admissions Coordinator and then the Assistant Director of Admissions and Case Management. She is now the Assistant Director of Admissions. Micaela graduated from Liberty University with her Bachelor’s in psychology. Micaela enjoys working with the children and with all departments in her new role.
Linda W. Deans
- Director of Education, (703) 777-0800 ext. 174
- Dr. Deans brings to the position of Director of Education at the North Spring Behavioral Healthcare facility a results driven profile spanning more than 30 years of demonstrated expertise in the areas of educational and organizational leadership, program/project management and assessment, communications, and networking. Among her numerous positions are: science teacher at the middle, senior high, community college, and four-year college levels; director and counselor of an alternative school for high school and college students; resource specialist for exceptional children; dean of girls at a high school; assistant principal at a traditional high school; principal of an alternative school; school-court liaison; pupil accountability officer; adjunct professor; program manager for Beacon at the Crossroads, a faith-based community organization with AmeriCorps Vista Volunteers; assistant to the superintendent at the Virginia School for the Deaf, Blind, and Multi-Disabled; a senior facilitator and researcher with Kings Point Enterprises, Inc.; a consultant at NASA-Langley Research Center; and principal of a school for adolescents inside of a psychiatric facility. Some of the awards that are noted are: the 2012 NC Governor’s Achievement Award from the state of North Carolina; Teacher of the Year; honor graduate at each level of academia; two doctoral fellowships; and Woman of the Year for Zeta Phi Beta Sorority. Of all of her accomplishments, she considers her contributions to youth as the one for which she is most proud.
- Director of Plant Operations
- Lee Olsen brings over 40 years of experience in the healthcare industry to his position as the Director of Plant Operations. Lee brings a wealth of knowledge in all aspects of Plant Operations having directed maintenance departments, food services, and housekeeping and laundry services.
Laurence J. Davis, CFM
- Dietary Manager
- Before joining the North Spring team, Laurence spent over twenty years in the food service industry with a primary focus in residential healthcare. Laurence gained his food service management experience working for one of the largest hospitality companies in the United States. He spent years crafting the art of providing outstanding cuisine to various types of customers. His passion is to provide an excellent dining experience for each one of his customers. Laurence has been a certified food manager since 1998.